Tuesday 22 July 2014

Tourists get enchanted with Himachal Pradesh Climate

Himachal Pradesh has always been on my list of “must visit places” in India and I was able to pack my bags during monsoon which is the best season to visit Himachal Pradesh


best season to visit Himachal Pradesh.
The first thing I observed was that Himachal Pradesh Climate is wonderful especially the proximity to Himayalan Mountains adds to excitement and enthusiasm. After dumping our bags in the cottage, we went on entertainment packed trip suggested by travel agent. He first took us to the Dalhousie mansion and then to trekking trails, Victorian style mansions and the natural springs. We were awestruck at the architectural beauty of these mansions. It gave an eerie feeling as I was going back in time to British Rule and felt as if Lord Dalhousie came back alive.

By mid-day we were exhausted but Himachal Pradesh Climate was cool and soul warming. We relished a variety of paratha and rajma curry at a nearby restaurant without opting for a tri-star hotel. As icing on the cake, we were also treated with lassi (thick butter milk with sugar) and sweets that are exclusive eateries from kitchen of Himachal.

Then, the guide took us to Mini-Switzerland, Khajjar which is a lush green forest and my team had their time with camera capturing the natural flora and fauna. After a short break, mountaineering enthusiasts in the group ventured to trek, and as I felt that was a great task preferred to lie back basking in the warmth of Himachal Pradesh climate. We also tried our hands at zorbing and rafting for short breaks. The day ended with a traditional touch by visiting the Khajjar temple where Naga Deity was religiously worshipped with much fervour. We halted at one of the budget hotels in Khajjar to relax for the night.

Next morning, we were transported to a different world to unexplored modern hill stations in Chamba area. Unlike the climate of urban cities, Himachal Pradesh climate was welcoming and we were instantly active when my team again started off to capture the picturesque sceneries. I thanked my team for having dragged me into this trip during monsoon which is considered as the best season to visit Himachal Pradesh. I would have missed out on Indian paradise had I planned an alternative vacation.

The ancient temples, architectural beauty and Church of Scotland are some of the places we adventured into at Chamba in post lunch session. I also picked up a few exclusive handicraft articles and hand embroidered Chamba Rumal, an art exclusively found in Himachal Pradesh.

My next adventure to Himachal will definitely include the famous Sipi fair at Manali, celebrations of the Tibetan New Year and other places which I missed out in this trip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment