Thursday 3 April 2014

Delhi and its Shopping Culture turn a regular person into a ‘Shopaholic’



Delhi is a paradise for shopaholics. Shoppers especially girls go mad upon seeing the various markets for street shopping in Delhi. Delhi also provides the modern touch to its shopping area by having numerous shopping malls in Delhi, which satisfies the needs of brand-conscious people. 

I visit Delhi frequently to crack the best deal and buy value for money stuff, which can be apparels, accessories, footwear and even handbags. My wardrobe is mostly filled with stuffs bought from the street markets in Delhi. After completing school, my next step was to get into a prestigious college of Delhi University, which I eventually got. My knowledge on street shopping in Delhi was limited to the famous markets here, like Chandini Chowk, Janpath and Sarojini Nagar. Later, I started exploring more of the shopping side in Delhi. I with one of my friends, who lives in Delhi, helped me to expanse my facts for shopping in Delhi. She took me such places which I never even knew existed or even stepped my foot. My first such trip was to Lajpat Nagar. The place is powerhouse of trending fashion in the west. One can find anything from everything here, wedding shopping, party wears, college wears, everything you name it and they have it. And mind it, I returned with my hands full of shopping bags.



Next, my friend took me to Paharganj; I was astonished to find that stuff available here are priced half rate of what they sell at popular markets like Janpath and Sarojini Nagar. The place is good to buy bags full of books and novels. The first and foremost basics of street shopping according to me is to have the knack of bargaining, the sole of street shopping.

Though my friend isn’t too keen on going for street shopping, she took me to the mother of all malls in Delhi – Select CityWalk in Saket area of Delhi. This mall boasts proudly of showing high end labels and brands. Even I was surprise to see this sophisticated side of Delhi. This mall is like a fairy land for most of the girls, who are very particular about how they carry themselves. Products ranging from cosmetics to apparels to modern household items and also foreign food supplements, all varieties are available easily here. I was so mesmerized by the range of products this mall has that I had to empty all my cash in the Debit card. There’s one more mall which beats Select Citywalk that is Ambience Mall in Gurgaon. This mall is easily accessible since it lies in NCR region of Delhi and has Delhi Metro connectivity too. Any designer label you can think of, this mall will have a store of it. Labels like Armani, Dior, Burberry and many more are there where, high class Delhites love to shop.

Variety in shopping is never a problem in Delhi and its people, I have plenty of options to shop on different occasions from literally anywhere in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment