Monday 24 February 2014

Temples in Andhra Pradesh are just perfect to find serenity...

Everyone has his own believes and desires. Sometimes, in order to achieve utmost tranquillity, we don’t mind visiting the far most spiritual places and sometimes, the state of calmness come naturally to us by just watching an innocent smile of a child. For instance, I find my peace of mind by visiting all those places which are closer to nature like waterfalls, green mountains, virgin valleys, calm beaches and ancient temples. From last few months, I was not able to take time out for myself and with every passing day, I was becoming crankier. So, I decided to take a few days off myself and gave a visit to my maternal aunt who lives in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. I remember when I was a kid, my aunt told me that this place - Kurnool was used to be a state capital of Andhra and today, people come here just to visit the famous temples of Andhra Pradesh like Sri Yagantiswamy Temple in Banagapalle mandal, Kurnool.
www.discoveredindia.com/andhra-pradesh/attractions/temples/
Temples in Andhra Pradesh


I started my journey with Sri Yagantiswamy Temple, the famous Lord Shiva Temple in Kurnool. The main feature of this temple is its Pushkarini (a small pond inside the premises of the temple). The amazing fact about this holy pond is that no one really knows how the water flows out from the bottom of hill to Pushkarini in all the seasons the whole year and moreover, the water of this pond never dries out. Few also believe that the stone Nandiswara (Basavanna) is constantly increasing in its size. Legend has it that once saint Agasthya came here and took bath in the Agasthya Pushkarini. The water of this Pushkarini is sweet in taste as it is directly coming from the hills. I also visited Veera Brahmam Caves, Venkteshwara Caves, Agasya Caves.

Next, I decided to visit two other most famous temples of Andhra Pradesh Ahobilam and Mahanandi, which were just a few kilometres away from Kurnool (about 70 kms). Apart from these two temples, I got to know about Ista Kameswari temple in Srisailam, another most famous Shiva Temple situated inside forest of Srisailam. This Shiva temple is only accessed by a few ways: firstly through commander jeep, secondly by Srisailam dam and last way to reach this temple is through rope way to patalaganga.

I decided to visit Ista Kameswari temple in Srisailam by rope way to patalaganga and get a chance to adore the scenic beauty of Krishna River having Nallamala forests on both sides of its river bed. Since, I love eco tourism and this trip was not less than that after getting a view of Nallamala forest. After all, how can one miss the chance of reconnecting with nature?


No comments:

Post a Comment