Monday 3 February 2014

A foodie can die for Festival Feast...

We all have our moments related to food and dinning, today, I am going to share mine with you.

I was just another college student with few aims and dreams in my eyes. When I was in first year, I always wanted to explore all parts of Delhi. When I got promoted to second year, I started thinking about my career and my wish list got a brand new point in it, which was, I want to do something big in my life. Finally, I managed to get into my third and final year of my college life and by that time I was very clear with my dreams and desires which I was going to follow for my rest of the life, which were:

1.    I wanted to explore world on my own
2.    I wanted to learn all forms of dance
3.    Wanted to taste all well known and delicious (and spicy) cuisines available in the world.

Because of which by the end of third year, I already turned into a food lover. Very often, a strange thought used to strangle me that thought was “Am I living to eat or I eat because I want to live?” 

So this time, I decided to go to a food festival for the very first time and was equally excited about it. That food festival was part of Delhi Celebrations for completing its 100 years as capital. I still remember the time, when I entered BKS Marg in Connaught Place, the aroma of food grabbed me and forced me to commit this lovely crime of tasting all the food/ cuisines available over there. 

http://www.discoveredindia.com/andhra-pradesh/culture-in-andhra-pradesh/cuisines-in-andhra-pradesh/
cuisines of Andhra Pradesh

The ambience of that food festival was vibrant and yet traditional. The organiser of that food festival had tried hard to give it an overlook of a village-fair. There were some 50 plus dishes available from all across India which was proudly showcasing the rich food culture of all Indian States.

But the only state’s food which attracted me the most was Andhra Pradesh’s festival food and some other Andhra Pradesh Cuisine. I came to know about this Sojjapplau which is very similar to Obbattu with dal filling (a Karnataka Dish) used to be made at the time of festivals or at other auspicious occasions. Filling for Sojjapplau is made of Rawa Kesari. It is stuffed with sweet dough, patted to circles and cooked. On the contrary, everyone knows that Andhra Pradesh is famous for its spicy cuisines but Sojjapplau is sweet in taste and also a part of Festival Thali.

Dhapalam, Murukulu, Poori, Vellulli Podi are some other cuisines of Andhra Pradesh which is only made at the time of festivals in Andhra Pradesh.

Well, in the end, I will conclude by writing what we eat does not matter that much rather what matters the most is the person with whom we share our meal and some time those unforgettable moments are hard to recreate and even harder to explain :) 



3 comments:

  1. Food Festival are really fun... Specially which held in Delhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spicy food...Andhra's Festival Food is just my type ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree with Geeta...Food Festival are sheer wastage of money and the food severed in such festival is just not near to the actual taste of the regional food.

    ReplyDelete