Monday 16 December 2013

Delhi: An untold story which hold an era in itself

Few days back while having chit-chat with one of my office colleagues during an ordinary tea break, I got stuck on an un-ordinary topic namely ‘Original Delhites’. Although the discussion over this unusual topic got over with the end of the tea break but it held its root in my mind. Being a self confessed Delhites myself, it was but natural to think over and again in this topic and that urge forced me to explore more about it.

The same day after reaching home, I started my research by typing the usual query that came to my mind – ‘Original Delhites’ on Google. After some meaningless and time consuming surfing over the net, I finally found this amazingly compiled website named as ‘Delhi Unlimited (delhiunlimited.com)’.

Firstly, I took it as another regular promotional website but soon after going through this website, I literally spent another 3 hours on it. I was totally spellbound by its well drafted information which revealed some unknown facts about Delhi.

I’m a self obsessed foodie, so one of the first things i searched on delhiunlimited.com was the list of eateries which they have provided on this site. I was astounded with their list because they have not only mentioned all posh restaurants but also the name of all those small ‘dhabas’ which i used to go during my college days which gave me an instant flashback of old memories.

A look at another link present over the home page of delhiunlimited.com named as ‘Delhi at glance’ brought me again to the purpose my research and instantly, moved curser over it, I found another pop-up link named as ‘people Delhites’ and finally, all my questions were avidly answered.


1 comment:

  1. The site which u hav mentioned in your blog is really good :)

    ReplyDelete