Saturday 21 December 2013

Do you like travelling?

No I am not asking you but this used to be the first question of my very close friend, Nandini. She never gives it a second thought to ask this question to anyone just to break the ice irrespective of her situations and timings.

Finally, she has found her special one and the next month, she will marry the man of her dreams. But I still remember the time when we all were searching for a suitable match for her. This was the time when we used to fix date for her and as per Indian customs of dating one of us used to accompany her. 




Now, it was my turn to accompany my best friend after all her sisters including all her second cousins were done with their part. I was more excited than my friend (would be bride) and on the other hand my friend was least interested in seeing this Punjabi boy (now her fiancé). She was fed up of constant rejections which she was facing from last six months. With the help of my good power of persuasion, I convinced her and took her along with me to meet this decent looking boy.

We reached and settled downed and just like another modern day youngster, we all formally introduced ourselves to each other. To break that awkward silence and to bring some smile on the face of my best friend I asked the boy-

“Do you like travelling?” and I received the most unexpected answer from him.
“I was about to ask you the same.”

After that, my friend who loves travelling joined us and I become the odd one out as I am not very fond off travelling.

They both started their travel catalogue with Goa - the most famous places to visit in India (especially if you love to party hard) and ended up by discussing all major tourist destinations of India which included Vaishno Devi in J&K – it becomes a must visit pilgrimage site for you if you are a firm believer of Hinduism, Dalhousie & Khajiaar in Himachal: the mini Switzerland of India and one of the must visit hill station of India, Nainital – One of the 64 Shakti Peethas resides here in the form of Naini – Taal, Kolkata - home city of oldest tram system, Bombay - the financial capital and Bangalore - the IT capital of India. A visit to Pune and Aurangabad can be very useful to you if you love visiting Historic places as the Ajanta Ellora Caves are situated here only.

And this discussion came to an end with Kanyakumari, the place where Arab Sea and Bay of Bengal meets with Indian Ocean. 


1 comment:

  1. its so much girly...even i do believe those who travel around know how to keep them self happy in different circumstances.loved it...

    ReplyDelete